Lusaka PLEED Change Project: Undikumbukire Project Zambia (UP Zambia) is partnering with the German Development Cooperation (GIZ) as part of the Programme for Legal Empowerment and Enhanced Justice Delivery (PLEED) to carry out the Lusaka PLEED Change Project. This Change Project operates legal desks within three correctional facilities within Lusaka, providing services to juveniles, men, and women, focusing on vulnerable populations. Limited legal representation will be provided to clients from the legal desks. Phase 2 of the Change Project will run from October 2018 to January 2019.
Staff Attorney Description: The Staff Attorney will be providing legal representation primarily for juvenile defendants in the courts of law. The Staff Attorney will work a minimum 30 hours per week, though attendance at all court dates is mandatory. The Staff Attorney will report to the Court Assistance Team Leader and the Project Manager. Compensation will be K7000 gross per month. Contract offered will be short-term from October 2018 to January 2019.
- Attending and providing representation at all trials in the Lusaka Courts involving juveniles and attending to all court processes;
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents;
- Conducting research on areas of law which are relevant to the cases you are working on;
- Providing bi-monthly progress reports to the Court Assistance Team Leader, Director of Legal Interventions and Project Manager; and
- Performing such duties and providing such services as may from time to time be communicated to you by the Court Assistance Team Leader or Project Manager.
- Advocate of the High Court
- Proven record of pro bono work
Application period has ended.